Thursday 27 January 2011

Can you read our mind?

I recently came across an interesting post by Seth Godin, Permission Marketing creator.
I follow his blog through my Google Reader
.

The article I found - The shell game of delight - made me think about what we do here at Whale Marketing for our clients.

The shell game of delight by Seth Godin

"Let's try a challenging thought experiment.

I'm going to pick a number between one and five, inclusive. I'm not going to tell you what it is. Now, try to guess. Focus hard, sharpen your senses, and see if you can guess what I'm thinking of...

Click on your guess (just one, please): one, two, three, four, five.

Cynics have already become annoyed at me. But most people, particularly if I added a little spin, would be delighted at their sensitivity and psi-power.

The point: you can easily create similar interactions in the way you do business with people. Setting up prospects, customers and bosses to be right is almost always worth the effort. It's so much more useful than setting people up to fail.

Why then, do we organize interfaces, manuals, contracts and relationships to have people fail merely because they didn't guess what we had in mind? When in doubt, make it so people succeed."

Can you read our mind but also can we read your mind?

Do we all work in the same direction? Agency and client?

We want our clients' message to be understood by their audience.

We want the message to be clear, relevant to them.

We want our clients to succeed and take every step necessary to make success happen.

Can you do this for your clients?

Val @Whale

No comments: